Asian BBQ Chicken
It’s been middle of March. How fast! So, i got free saturday class last week and surely i use my spare time with cooking and baking actually. I made steamed bun in the morning and cooking in the afternoon. Well, even my group assignments is piling up. Take it easy pals. This time, i was trying to make an Asian dishes that most of the ingredients are at anyone’s home. It’s really easy to made and delish since this recipe is inspired by Meatmen (but I give additional ingredients) so don’t doubt the final taste!
- 8 wooden skewers (soaked 1 hour)
- 4 chicken breasts (cleaned and pat dry)
- 2 cloves shallots (minced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp Asian BBQ sauce (charsiew sauce)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp five spice powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- pinch of Rosemary
- Clean and pat dry chicken breasts.
- Whisk well minced shallots, grated garlic, BBQ sauce, light soy sauce, honey, salt, five spice powder, cornstarch, pepper and sesame oil together with together with the chicken. Let it marinate in the fridge overnight.
- When it’s ready to grill the chicken, put the chicken on skewers.
- Grill 4 minutes on each side until tender and caramel brown.
- Glaze it with the marinade of honey and Asian BBQ sauce through grilling, on both sides.
- Then you can enjoy it!
You can add butter if you’d like to, as i did.